So now that you’re probably elbow deep in Black Friday shopping, running from store to store to find the best bargain, don’t forget about that HUGE “present” that awaits you come New Year’s Day if you’re not careful…….
…..those extra 10 pounds that many people put on between Thanksgiving Day and New Year’s Day.
Let’s not forget about that extra slice of pie or cake you just had to have before finally calling it quits…or that after dinner nap you couldn’t help but take after not being able to move up from the couch. Overindulging in a good home-cooked meal is so common place now that even advertisers are getting in on the trend and commercialize on our overeating by showing buffet tables full of every known high calorie food options available.
But you don’t have to sit down and let those extra 10 pounds take control over your life.
Now is the time to reclaim your waistline….and get back those extra 10 pounds before they get the best of you.
Like The Strength and Conditioning King said in his recent post to remember to enjoy your family during this holiday season….and that “food is just a tradition and a perk— NOT a necessity!”
The Health and Wellness Queen wants to share with you 7 Survival Tips to avoid putting on those unwanted extra 10 pounds during the holiday season.
- Don’t skip meals. When you starve yourself all day, your metabolism slows down and prevents you from burning off all those extra calories.
- Travel with an Option B food plan….which means if you know you’re going to have dinner over Grandma’s house who doesn’t cook with anything but real butter and real shortening then offer to bring your own healthy side dish or entrée.
- Avoid high fat and high cholesterol laden food items….and choose more fresh vegetables and fresh foods that aren’t processed.
- Maintain a good balance of protein, whole grains and vegetables…even when sitting down to dinner at Grandma’s.
- Limit your caloric intake at each meal to avoid piling on over 2000 calories on your plate.
- Stand up for yourself and your health and don’t let others convince you that that extra piece of pie won’t hurt…..and the last and final Survival Tip to avoiding those 10 pounds is to….
- Exercise! Start your morning by using your Maximum DB Training, Backyard Workout, or Working Out With Rhadi DVD . This will serve double duty by suppressing your appetite and boosting your metabolism.
This is the final and best TIP to surviving the holidays!!
So while you’re out getting the best prices for gifts, don’t forget about the biggest gift of all….your health….and what you can do right now to stay slim and healthy for the holiday season.
To your wellness,
Dr. Traci Ferguson, The Health and Wellness Queen
P.S. Remember the “Black Friday” http://www.rhadi.com/sales/black_friday_72hour_sale.html sale ends on the 26th of November to get your copy of the Backyard Workout, Working out with Rhadi DVD or Maximum DB Training.